Terms and Conditions
- Unilever Bangladesh Limited (“UBL” or “Company”) invites your participation to the “RIN Career Academy” (“Academy”) wherein various free courses under the below terms and conditions, would be imparted to the participants in Spoken English, Office Dressing and Interview training to help them enhance their soft skills for career enhancement and sustainable livelihood.
- The Academy is primarily for individuals who have passed high school but no further formal education, and those who have received some form of formal education or training, and are seeking to improve their likeliness to be recruited.
- The Academy comprises of a web-based/online-based course available through rin.com.bd, created by Unilever Bangladesh Limited (‘UBL’) and online materials such as tips and articles available on the website.
- The Academy, its courses and any services therein are currently made available to the Participants free of charge.
All interested individuals are required to register for the Academy by online registration through the Website for the Web course.
2 ELIGIBILITY OF PARTICIPANTS
- After the selection of the relevant course, the registered participants ("Participants") would be required to complete a basic aptitude assessment test to determine the appropriate course difficulty.
- Participation in the Academy is open to individuals who, on the date of entry, are legal citizens of Bangladesh, are at least 18 (eighteen) years of age or older.
- Notwithstanding the above, the mobile course is open to all individuals above 14 years of age provided that consent is sought by them from their parents or legal guardians for those who are within 14 to 17 years. Any fraudulent consent under the registration process is the sole responsibility of the Participant and would attract disqualification from the Academy.
- UBL reserves the right to forfeit participation for any Participant who does not provide the required verification upon receiving the request/notification from UBL or its partners.
- No purchase is necessary for Participants to participate in the Academy.
- Participants agreed and understand that the basic criteria and selection process for the courses, including any amendment if and when required, is at the sole discretion of UBL.
- UBL has the sole right to withdraw/ edit / cancel any aspect of the Academy at its discretion and/or alter the terms and conditions without prior notice and such withdrawal/editing and/or alteration of terms and conditions with/without prior notice shall be final and binding from the day of such amendment, as updated in this Website.
- Entries may only be submitted by individual Participants and are non-transferable. Multiple Entries and Group entries will not be accepted for participation in the Academy.
- By participating in this Academy, the Participants of the Academy grant unequivocal permission to UBL and its agents to take and store testimonials, voice recordings and videos which feature the participant, his/representation or likeness. Such testimonials, voice recordings and videos taken therein may be used in full or parts by UBL for any promotional purposes of UBL and its brands, including the Academy, and the no other permission of any manner shall be required from the Participant in this regard.
- By participating in this Academy, the participant also agrees to receive further communication or intimations, though SMS / call / e-mail/ any other communication from UBL, with respect to surveys, promotions, offers, or advertisements for UBL or it various brands and products.
- The Participant may withdraw/unregister from Web course by deleting his/her account under the Academy. This can be done by logging in, clicking on My Profile and then clicking on Delete Account. In addition to the opt-out available under the Academy, you would be able to opt-out from receiving future communications from UBL by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Rin Career Ready Academy: Opt Out" with your phone number.
- UBL’s decisions shall be final in all matters relating to this Academy and no correspondences will be entertained.
- UBL shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations caused by weather conditions, fire, flood, strike, hurricane, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, acts of God or any other circumstances amounting to Force Majeure.
- UBL reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify on any reasonable grounds, including tampering with the entry process or entry materials.
- You understand, acknowledge and agree that when participating in the Academy, you may be exposed to advertising and promotional content of various products and services put up by the Company, including promotions and sales activities, contests and sweepstakes (collectively "Promotions"). Each Promotion may have Additional Terms and/or Rules or eligibility requirements which shall be posted or otherwise made available to you in connection therewith in accordance with applicable law.
- This acceptance of the terms and conditions shall be deemed to have been given at Dhaka, Bangladesh and the courts in Dhaka alone will have exclusive jurisdiction to entertain any proceedings in any way relating to or concerning these terms and conditions or any rights, duties, obligations or liabilities arising there under to the exclusion of all other courts in Bangladesh.
- The Participants may be asked to provide valid photo ID card or any other suitable documents before issuing completion certificate at any point of time of the course.
- The data given by the participant i.e. Mobile Number, Name, Gender, Educational Qualification, Age Range, Location etc. will be used in strict confidence by UBL & its other partners and these will not be passed to any other party.
- UBL implements a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of the personal information when is entered, submitted, or accessed.
- The participant’s personal information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without the participant’s consent, other than for the express purpose of the Academy or purposes agreed in the terms and conditions herein.
- The Participants are solely responsible for their health, safety and precautionary measures during the Program and cannot hold UBL responsible for any injury, loss of property or damage.
- The Participants understand and agree that independent service provider involved in the Program are solely responsible for their actions and omissions and will not be make UBL liable for the same.
- Participant agrees to indemnify and hold UBL and its agents, officers and employees harmless against all losses and damages that may occur due to an act, omission, negligence, or deliberate act of the Participant.
- UBL or RIN Career Academy shall not be held liable any way for any completion of the course by providing fraudulent information and/or documents or through misrepresentation.
7INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS AND OWNERSHIP
- The Academy, services and courses, application, its content (including but not limited to all text, graphics, user interfaces, visual interfaces, videos, photographs, trademarks, logos, sounds, music, artwork and computer code, design, structure, selection, coordination, expression, "look and feel" and arrangement of such content and Application) are owned, controlled or licensed to the Company, and are protected by copyright, trademark and related intellectual property rights under the laws of Bangladesh. You will not use outside the purpose herein, modify, remove, alter or obscure any asset or intellectual property part of the Academy.
- You are expressly prohibited from copying, reproducing, modifying, distributing, displaying, performing or transmitting any of the intellectual property, particularly the content for any purposes, except as otherwise provided for in these Terms. Nothing otherwise stated or implied in the Terms confers on you any license or right to do so. You also agree not to use any robot or other automated means to access the Academy in any way or use any data mining, data gathering or extraction method.
- RIN Career Ready Academy, a public interest initiative of Unilever Bangladesh Limited is non-formal training course and is not recognized by or affiliated with any authority or organization under the formal educational system. Further, Rin Career Academy does not guarantee any future job prospects.
- You understand and agree that Company provides the courses and related services under the Academy on an 'as-is' and 'as available' basis. The content, services, applications and any other materials contained on or provided under the Academy are, to the fullest extent permitted by law, provided without warranties of any kind, either express or implied. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, all warranties including, without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, availability, completeness, security, compatibility and non-infringement are disclaimed and excluded. Further, Company does not make any representations or warranties that the Services or the Application will be uninterrupted, free of viruses and other harmful components, accurate, error free or reliable. You hereby irrevocably waive any claim against the Company with respect to Application, Services and Content thereof.
- The Certificate to be provided to the Participants is merely a completion certificate only and it does not endorse any participant for his/ her level of English proficiency any way.